You'll flip out when you try this lean, green wrap – With a gluten-free option, this breakfast omelette is packed with feta cheese, salmon, herbs and capsicum.
- ½ brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oregano leaves
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 x 60 g eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 x 95 g John West Tempters canned salmon in springwater, drained
- 25 g (1 cup) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 20 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 x 50 g sourdough rolls or gluten-free rolls, to serve
- Preheat oven to 230°C (fanforced). Line a small roasting pan with baking paper. Combine onion, capsicum, asparagus, garlic, oregano, thyme and oil in a medium bowl. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in prepared pan. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, water and pepper in a jug. Spray 2 small non-stick frying pans with cooking spray and heat on a medium heat. Pour egg mixture evenly between both pans. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until egg is almost set. Top half of each with roast vegetables, salmon, spinach and feta. Flip unfilled side of omelette over onto filling.
- Slide omelettes onto serving plates. Serve with rolls.
Try replacing the salmon with tuna, the spinach with rocket and the feta with 80g low-fat ricotta.
Left: PER SERVE 1724kJ,
protein 35g, total fat 16g
(sat. fat 4.4g), carbs 30g,
fibre 6g, sodium 674mg
• Carb exchanges 2
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.1 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|