Tofu gets star treatment in a dish with a twist – spiral pasta, fresh asparagus and crunchy walnuts, all tossed through a beautiful pesto with parmesan cheese.
- 80 g dried spiral pasta or gluten-free pasta
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 125 g firm tofu, patted dry with paper towel, sliced lengthways
- 40 g (2 cups) baby rocket
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp Providore Series Pesto olives, mixed peppers and sundried tomato pesto
- 10 g walnuts, toasted, roughly chopped (see tips, below)
- 5 g shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water according to pack instructions or until al dente. Drain well. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan on high. Spray asparagus and tofu with cooking spray. Add to chargrill. Cook, turning once, for 3-4 minutes or until asparagus is tender and tofu is lightly browned. Cut tofu into cubes. Diagonally slice asparagus.
- Add rocket, lemon zest and juice, and pesto to pasta. Toss to combine until rocket starts to wilt. Toss in asparagus and tofu. Divide between shallow serving bowls. Top with walnuts and parmesan. Sprinkle with pepper to serve.
To toast the walnuts, spread over a small oven tray and bake in an oven preheated to 170°C (fan-forced) for 6-8 minutes.
1419kJ, protein 18g,
total fat 14g (sat. fat 2g),
carbs 31g, fibre 7g,
• Carb exchanges 2
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.4 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.9 g|