Savour the flavours – and colours – of Italy. With chicken, roasted vegies & sundried tomato pesto, this makes a deliciously light date night main. Bellissimo!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 200 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of fat
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeds removed, flattened
- 2 pieces WeightWatchers 98% fat-free bacon
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 50 g baby bocconcini cheese, torn
- 1 tbsp Providore Series Pesto olives, mixed peppers and sundried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 50 g sourdough bread rolls or gluten-free rolls, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Spray chicken and zucchini with cooking spray. Season chicken with pepper. Add chicken and capsicum to grill. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked. Add zucchini. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender. Add bacon. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Diagonally slice chicken across the grain. Cut capsicum and bacon into thin strips. Combine chicken, capsicum, bacon, zucchini, basil and bocconcini in a large bowl.
- Whisk pesto and vinegar together in a small bowl. Pour over salad. Serve with rolls.
You can replace the bacon with 20g thinly sliced prosciutto and the basil with parsley or rocket.
PER SERVE 1778kJ,
protein 40g, total fat
11.3g (sat. fat 4.5g),
carbs 36g, fibre 7g,
• Carb exchanges 21⁄3
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.5 g|
|- Sugars||10.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|