Party pork sliders in main-course form. Burgers are served with a crisp and crunchy red apple, celery and carrot slaw – a fresh way to enjoy the classic combo.
- olive oil cooking spray
- 150 g lean pork fillet, fat trimmed off
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 tsp no-salt lemon pepper seasoning blend
- ½ small red apple, quartered, core removed, cut into thin short strips
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ stick celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise or gluten-free mayonnaise
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard or gluten-free mustard
- 2 x 80 g wholemeal rolls or gluten-free rolls, split
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat grated cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Line a small ovenproof dish with baking paper. Spray pork with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika and lemon pepper seasoning. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to prepared dish. Roast for 7-10 minutes or until pork is just cooked. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Combine apple, carrot, celery, parsley, mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the apple slaw between roll bases. Sprinkle over cheese. Thinly slice pork across the grain. Add pork to rolls, sprinkle with pepper, top with roll tops and serve.
PER SERVE 1524kJ,
protein 30g, total fat 6.5g
(sat. fat 1.9g), carbs 42g,
fibre 8g, sodium 756mg
• Carb exchanges 22⁄3
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.3 g|
|- Sugars||15.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.8 g|