With a homemade yoghurt, honey and lime dressing, this tandoori chicken salad is a great way to satisfy your Indian cravings throughout the warmer months.
- 200 g tub Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup tandoori paste
- 3 x 175 g small chicken breast fillets
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- pappadums, to serve
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine 2 tbsp of the yoghurt and paste in a large bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Transfer to an oiled roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, until cool. Thickly slice.
- To make yoghurt dressing, combine all ingredients and remaining yoghurt in a small jug.
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthways. Cut each half diagonally into 2cm-thick wedges. Place in a large bowl with onion, coriander, mint and cashews. Add chicken. Toss well.
- Transfer salad to a serving dish. Drizzle over dressing. Top with pappadums.
Chicken can be marinated up to four hours ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||14.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|