The only way to make butter chicken anymore delicious would be to throw it on a pizza – try this naan-bread version of the Indian curry fave next Friday night!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- ½ cup butter chicken sauce
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 2 x 250 g packets naan bread
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- natural yoghurt, to serve
- chutney, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- ¼ small savoy cabbage (350g), trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Reduce heat to medium.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add marinade. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add cream. Return chicken. Bring to boil. Gently simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened.
- Place naan bread on two large oven trays. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over bread, leaving a 2cm border. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for 10 to 12 minutes, swapping trays halfway, or until cheese is golden brown and bases are crisp.
- Meanwhile, make slaw. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top pizzas with slaw. Serve with yoghurt, chutney and lime wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||71.2 g|
|- Sugars||10.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.6 g|