Lamb steaks are cooked and served with a crisp, refreshing salad of green beans, coconut, currants and mint. It's a fast, filling and fruity weeknight meal.
- 600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
Green bean coconut salad
- 300 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into ribbons
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted (25g)
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Toss lamb with 1 tbsp of the oil and garlic in a large bowl. Season.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
- To make salad, boil or microwave beans until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Place in a large bowl with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Whisk remaining oil, chutney, vinegar and curry powder in a small jug. Season.
- Serve lamb steaks with salad. Spoon over dressing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.9 g|
|- Sugars||16.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|