Use blood plums to create this easy version of the French classic. The best bit about this clafoutis recipe is that you can use whichever stone fruit you like!
- 25 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 6 medium blood plums (800g), halved, stones removed
- 2 cups pure cream
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup plain flour
- Extra ¾ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- icing sugar mixture, to serve
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Brush butter over base and side of an ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity). Sprinkle sugar over base and side, shaking dish to coat. Discard any excess sugar. Arrange plums, cut-side up, over base of dish.
- Whisk cream and eggs in a large jug until combined. Add flour and extra sugar. Whisk until smooth. Carefully pour over plums. Scatter over almonds.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 to 50 minutes, or until golden and just firm in the centre.
- Serve warm clafoutis dusted with sifted icing sugar and ice-cream.
Clafoutis is best made close to serving. Replace fresh plums with other stone fruits, such as nectarines, peaches or cherries, for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||25.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.9 g|
|- Sugars||33.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|