With a crumbling biscuit base, and whipped cream & passionfruit topping, this tart has a sweet mango curd filling – ideal for a flavour-bursting morning tea.
- 250 g packet Arnott's Granita biscuits or other plain sweet biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- thickly sliced mango, to serve
- fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
- 1 medium mango
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 125 g cold, unsalted butter, finely chopped
- Lightly grease a 13cm x 35cm rectangular loose-based flan tin. Place on a tray.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up sides of prepared tin. Refrigerate.
- To make curd, cut cheeks from mango. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh. Cut any flesh from stone. Place all flesh in a blender. Blend until pureed. You will need ¾ cup.
- Whisk yolks, sugar and cornflour in a large, heatproof bowl until smooth. Stir in juice. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally for about 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter until combined. Stir in puree.
- Pour curd into prepared biscuit base. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To serve, spoon whipped cream over tart. Top with mango slices and passionfruit.
Biscuits can be replaced with any plain sweet biscuits.
Curd is ready when the mixture coats the back of a metal spoon. Tart can be made up to three days ahead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||40.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.4 g|
|- Sugars||45.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.5 g|