For a show-stopping summertime dessert or afternoon teatime treat, try this pretty, no-bake cake. This layered sweet is made up of fruit & vanilla mascarpone.
- 2 x 125 g punnets fresh raspberries
- ½ cup rose wine
- 2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 3 medium mangoes
- 17 sponge finger biscuits
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- ¼ cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250 g tub mascarpone
- Grease a large, straight-sided 15cm x 23.5cm x 9cm deep loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Blend raspberries, rosé and sugar in a blender until pureed. Pour 1 cup puree into a shallow dish. Reserve remaining in a jug in the fridge.
- To make mascarpone cream, beat cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone.
- Cut cheeks from two of the mangoes. Discard stones. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh from cheeks. Thinly slice.
- To assemble, spread half the mascarpone cream over base of prepared pan. Top with half the mango slices. One at a time, dip eight biscuits into puree in dish for about 10 seconds to soak. Arrange on top of mango slices in a single layer, trimming to fit. Repeat layering with remaining mascarpone cream, mango slices, biscuits and puree. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, cut remaining mango into thin slices. Turn out cake out onto a plate. Decorate with mango. Drizzle with reserved raspberry puree.
You can replace rose with raspberry cordial for a kid-friendly version.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.3 g|
|- Sugars||18.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|