A simple chicken dinner gets a huge flavour upgrade thanks to a pesto sauce with basil, parmesan, and salty anchovies. It's a healthy meal served with vegies!
- 4 x 150 g chicken breast fillets
- 400 g eggplant, cut into ½cm slices
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 800 g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Cut horizontally through the side of each fillet to give two thin pieces. Combine with eggplant and half the oil. Season.
- To make sauce, blend all ingredients with remaining oil in a blender until smooth. With motor operating, add 1 tbsp cold water at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add chicken and eggplant in three batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil or microwave potatoes and beans, separately, until tender.
- Serve chicken and eggplant with vegetables. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish with extra basil leaves.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.2 g|