Grilled roma tomatoes and lamb steaks, with a Greek rice salad side of spinach, feta cheese and cucumber. Lemon wedges help bring out beautiful flavours.
- 4 x 150 g lamb rump steaks, excess fat removed
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Greek rice salad
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Toss lamb and tomatoes with cumin and half the oil. Season.
- To make salad, cook rice in a large pan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, until soft. Stir in spinach until wilted. Add to rice with cucumber, feta, rind, juice and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Heat same cleaned frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Cook tomatoes in same pan, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes until browned.
- Serve lamb and tomatoes with rice mixture and lemon wedges.
Rice salad can be made a day in advance. Don’t overcook rice or it will turn gluggy in the salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||59.1 g|
|- Sugars||6.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.2 g|