Topped with cooked little prawns, iceberg lettuce, lime juice, mayo, and a dash of Tobasco, these mini bruschetta bites make for great party starters!
- 12 slices garlic toast (see below)
- 1 cup lightly packed finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 100 g deveined, cooked peeled small prawns
- 2 tsp low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp finely grated fresh lime zest
- 1 tsp salt-reduced tomato sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- black pepper, to season
- chopped dill, to serve
- olive oil cooking spray
- 12 x 1cm-thick slices sourdough baguette
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, halved
- Top garlic toast with lettuce. Arrange prawns, halved lengthways, over lettuce. Combine mayonnaise with lime zest, tomato sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, a dash of Tabasco and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over prawns and sprinkle with chopped dill. Serve.
- Preheat a grill. Spray both sides of baguette with cooking spray. Add to grill, in batches if necessary, and toast until golden. When toast is cool enough to handle, rub both sides with garlic. Top with your choice of topping (check out the delish recipes here) and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.9 g|