A fast, vegan topping of chargrilled eggplant & avocado with mint, becomes a clever (and fancy) bruschetta topping for parties and get-togethers with friends.
- 12 x 1cm-thick slices sourdough baguette
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, halved
- 2 small slender eggplant, thinly sliced lengthways
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- ¼ small avocado
- 1 squeeze fresh lime juice
- Preheat a grill. Spray both sides of baguette with cooking spray. Add to grill, in batches if necessary, and toast until golden. When toast is cool enough to handle, rub both sides with garlic.
- Spray eggplants with cooking spray. Add to a chargrill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool slightly. Toss with chopped mint leaves, red wine vinegar, 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Spread garlic toast with avocado, mashed and mixed with a squeeze of lime juice. Top with eggplant mixture. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|