For a lazy weekend lunch, try fancy (yet fast and easy) asparagus-and-prawn-topped sourdough garlic bread. With store-bought garlic bread, it's super fast!
- 480 g packet sliced frozen sourdough garlic bread
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 16 large cooked king prawns, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook garlic bread slices according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss asparagus with oil.
- Heat a char-grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add asparagus. Cook, turning, for about 5 minutes, or until charred. Remove.
- Spread a small amount of dressing over each bread slice. Top evenly with spinach, prawns and asparagus. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Garnish with pepper.
You can use a bought cocktail sauce or aioli instead of the dressing. For a change, try char-grilling raw peeled prawns with the asparagus.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.7 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|