Don't settle for a boring melted cheese sandwich for lunch – get inspired by the Italians and create a porchetta, mozarella and roasted vegie grill instead!
- 4 crusty bread rolls, halved, toasted
- 200 g sliced porchetta, or other deli meat, such as sliced pork roast
- ½ cup tomato pasta sauce
- 320 g char-grilled marinated eggplant slices, drained
- 100 g canned marinated roasted red capsicums, drained
- 200 g mozzarella, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 60 g baby rocket leaves
- Place rolls, cut side-up, on an oven tray. Divide porchetta or pork evenly among rolls. Spread with sauce. Top each evenly with eggplant, capsicum and mozzarella.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve melts with rocket leaves.
Porchetta is available from the deli section of major supermarkets. Replace with any deli meats.
We bought a packaged 550g block mozzarella and cut it into slices.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|