Fluffy corn couscous soaks up all the delicious flavour left over from lime cherry tomatoes, and is the perfect side for pan-fried white fish with green beans.
- 4 x 150 g skinless white fish fillets, bones removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- 400 g green beans, trimmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- To make lime tomatoes, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season.
- Bring stock and corn to boil in a large saucepan. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add fish. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Boil, steam or microwave beans until tender. Drain.
- Serve fish over couscous with beans, lime tomatoes and wedges.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||85.8 g|
|- Sugars||8.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.6 g|