Hot, boiled potatoes are tossed through a homemade sun-dried tomato & parmesan pesto, and served alongside a pan-friend beef rump steak and crispy zucchini.
- 600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 zucchini, cut lengthways into thick strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 kg baby potatoes, halved
- 120 g baby rocket leaves
- 1 cup semi-dried tomato
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Season lamb and zucchini with salt and pepper.
- To make pesto, combine half the tomatoes with remaining ingredients and 2 tbsp water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Season.
- Boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Toss through pesto. Cool slightly. Add rocket and remaining tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Add zucchini in two batches to same pan. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Serve lamb and zucchini with potato salad.
Adding the pesto to the potatoes while they are warm will help them absorb the flavour.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.1 g|