A light but delicious vegetarian main – brown rice with grilled capsicum, tomato and zucchini vegie skewers, served with lemon, feta & yoghurt sauce.
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 capsicum, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1cm slices
- 2 x 250 g punnets cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 x 25cm wooden skewers
- 120 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 100 g soft feta, finely crumbled
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil, plus leaves, to garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook rice according to packet directions. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine capsicum, zucchini and tomatoes in a bowl with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Thread evenly onto skewers.
- To make sauce, place all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season.
- Stir spinach into rice. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve skewers with rice and sauce. Garnish with basil leaves.
Smooth feta blends into the yoghurt. If you use a firmer Greek-style feta, crumble finely before adding to sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.7 g|
|- Sugars||10.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|