A fabulous and filling main-course salad – chorizo sausages, crisp lettuce, chicken breast fillets, tomatoes and capsicum with croutons and a ranch dressing.
- 2 x 250 g chicken breast fillets
- 2 chorizos (250g), sliced
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 2 little gem lettuces (240g), ends trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 350 g punnet medley tomatoes, halved
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups Caesar salad style garlic croutons
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug until combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook, covered, for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove. Wipe pan clean. Rest chicken, loosely covered with foil, for 10 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, cook chorizo in same, heated pan for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To serve, cut kernels from corn cobs. Place in a large serving bowl with lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum, chorizo, chicken, croutons and dressing. Toss well.
Chorizo, chicken and dressing can be prepared up to several hours ahead. Refrigerate, covered separately, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.3 g|
|- Sugars||9.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.1 g|