Try butter chicken in a chicken drumstick version. Using a butter chicken sauce sachet, this is an easy recipe, accompanied by a delicious mango rice salad.
- 10 large chicken drumsticks (2.2kg)
- garlic salt, to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 200 g tub natural yoghurt
- 375 g sachet butter chicken sauce
- fresh baby spinach leaves, to serve
Mango rice salad
- 450 g packet microwave basmati rice
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 mango (400g), peeled, chopped
- 2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dry roasted cashews
- Place chicken in a single layer in an oiled, large roasting pan. Season with garlic salt.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove from oven.
- Add water to pan. Spoon combined yoghurt and sauce over chicken. Return pan to oven. Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, make salad. Cook rice according to packet directions. Spread out on a tray. Cool. Transfer rice to a large bowl. Whisk chutney and juice in a jug. Add to rice with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Serve spinach and salad in bowls. Top with chicken and sauce.
Chicken can be served hot or cold. Try replacing with wings or thigh fillets. Cooking time will vary.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||120.4 g|
|- Sugars||22.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.4 g|