Recipe by: Baby Mac
Baby Mac's cinnamon tea cake is the jumbo version of a cinnamon doughnut! Served hot from the oven, the fluffy vanilla cake even has a sugary cinnamon topping…
- 130 g butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 60 g salted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 24cm cake tin with baking paper. Add butter, vanilla and sugar to a bowl, and beat with electric beaters until pale and creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Sift flour and add it to bowl with milk, folding and whipping by hand until you have a lovely smooth batter.
- Pour mixture into the lined cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through (a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake should come out clean).
- When the cake is almost cooked, start preparing the topping. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and melt the butter.
- Remove cake from oven and turn it out while warm. Immediately pour over melted butter, followed by the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.0 g|
|- Sugars||33.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|