This pasta is not only delicious, it uses ingredients you'll most likely have in your pantry, and allows for seasonal produce to be subbed in and out.
- 400 g rigatoni pasta
- 40 g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp jarred crushed garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen minted peas
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, reserving ⅔ cup of the cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon each olive oil and butter in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Season with pepper and cook for 4 min. Add the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add the peas to the pan and cook for 2 min. Stir in the ricotta until mostly melted – it will look curdled. Add the lemon zest and juice, parsley, parmesan, pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Stir until well combined and heated through. Season to taste. To serve, drizzle pasta with a little olive oil and garnish with lots of finely chopped fresh parsley.
You can also use fresh garden peas, or some chopped green beans. Increase cooking time slightly until just tender and add in a little chopped fresh mint.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||91.1 g|
|- Sugars||11.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.4 g|