These cute-as-a-bunny biscuits are perfect for kids at Easter. Get them to help you make them – they'll just love decorating with marshmallows and sprinkles!
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 10 white marshmallows
- ¼ cup hundreds and thousands
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 2- 3 tbsp milk
- pink food colouring
- Grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in combined sifted flour, cocoa and soda. Transfer to a lightly floured bench. Knead until smooth. Divide dough in half. Refrigerate, covered, until firm.
- Roll out one portion of dough at a time, between two sheets of baking paper, until 1/2 cm thick. Using a 9cm bunny-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 20 shapes, re-rolling dough as necessary. Arrange, 2cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Cook both trays in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through, or until firm to touch. Cool biscuits on trays.
- To make icing, place sugar in a bowl. Stir in just enough milk until a spreadable consistency. Tint pink with food colouring.
- Spread icing evenly over biscuits. Cut marshmallows in half. Dip cut-side into sprinkles. Arrange marshmallow on bunnies.
Bunny cookie cutters are available from kitchen shops or online cake decorating stores.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.3 g|
|- Sugars||30.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|