Butternut snap cookies are turned into a marvellous Easter dessert, thanks to caramel sauce, sweetened ricotta cheese, and mini chocolate Easter eggs.
- 150 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 250 g packet butternut snap cookies
- 7 mini foil-wrapped chocolate eggs
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- To make caramel sauce, stir ¼ cup of the cream and ¼ cup of the sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove. Transfer to a small jug. Cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered.
- Beat ricotta, vanilla and remaining sugar in small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Add remaining cream. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Place milk in a small bowl. Dip one cookie in milk. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Top with 1 tbsp of the cream mixture. Repeat this with another cookie and cream layer, finishing with a cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and cream to make seven cookie stacks in total. Reserve remaining cream mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover stacks and refrigerate overnight until softened.
- To serve, top stacks with reserved cream mixture and eggs. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Butternut snap cookies with choc ripple biscuits, for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||45.8 g|
|- Sugars||33.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|