Guests will get a kick out of these cream-filled choc eggs (especially kids). Using mango jelly crystals, passionfruit pulp & cream, they're easy to make too!
- 85 g packet mango-flavoured jelly crystals
- 170 g canned passionfruit pulp
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 8 x medium hollow chocolate Easter eggs (around 50g each)
- In a heatproof bowl, dissolve jelly crystals in 1 cup boiling water. Allow to cool slightly then refrigerate for 45 min. Sieve the passionfruit pulp, discarding the seeds. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the pulp for serving.
- Whip the thickened cream until soft peaks form then gradually add the jelly, beating until combined. Stir through the remaining passionfruit pulp.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the tops off the Easter eggs and place the bottoms into individual eggcups or use kitchen foil to support them in a patty pan tray. Spoon the mousse between the eggs and chill for 1-2 hr or until set. Using a teaspoon, scoop a little of the mousse out of each egg and fill the hole with a little leftover passionfruit pulp to serve.
Make these in smaller chocolate eggs for a kid-size treat.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||23.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.4 g|
|- Sugars||36.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|