A great dessert recipe when hosting an Easter dinner party, this pudding uses hot cross buns, choc-hazelnut spread, and cream for an easy, yet delicious treat.
- 6 bakery-style hot cross buns
- ½ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread
- ½ cup milk, warm
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Lightly grease a 2.8L baking dish with cooking spray. Slice each bun vertically into 4 slices, spread one side of each slice with a layer of hazelnut spread.
- Dip the slices into the milk and arrange the buns in the base of the baking dish, assembling the slices to resemble the buns.
- Whisk the eggs and add the sugar, cream and vanilla. Pour between the buns and allow to stand for 20 min. Bake for 40-45 min or until custard is set. Dust with icing sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
You can use any stale buns for this recipe or slice up a brioche loaf instead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||29.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.0 g|
|- Sugars||35.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|