These pretty-pretty-as-a-daisy cupcakes are marzipan & cherry flavoured. Topped with mini colourful, speckled chocolate eggs, they're a fun Easter treat!
- 200 g glace cherries, halved
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g butter, chopped at room temperature
- ¾ cup raw caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 125 g marzipan, grated
- 4 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ tsp almond essence
- 300 g packet royal icing mix, prepared as directed
- candy-coated speckled crispy chocolate mini eggs, to decorate
- 2.8 g packet edible wafer daisies, to decorate
- Toss cherries though the 1 tablespoon of plain flour, then leave to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Line 24 x ⅓-cup capacity muffin holes with paper cases, or use edible wafer cupcake cases if you like. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy, add the eggs one at a time and beat until creamy. Then fold in the milk, flour mixture, marzipan and the glacé cherries.
- Divide mixture between the muffin tin holes and bake for 20-25 min. Cool on a wire rack.
- Add almond essence to the icing mix. Spoon over the cupcakes and smooth with a spatula. Top with speckled eggs and wafer daisies. Let the icing set and keep in a covered container. Arrange cupcakes on layered cake stands to serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.3 g|
|- Sugars||44.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|