This vegan soup still has that comforting winter feel thanks to creamy coconut milk. With kidney beans and roasted capsicum, it makes a filling, freezable soup.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 190 g canned fire-roasted capsicum strips, drained
- 2 tsp jarred crushed garlic
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 x 400 g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook for 4 min. Add garlic, cook 1 min, then stir in curry powder and herbs.
- Add the coconut milk, stock cube, kidney beans and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 min.
- Remove soup from heat. Blend to desired consistency using a stick blender, or let cool slightly and blitz in a blender. Garnish with toasted shredded coconut and coriander sprigs.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||13.4 g|