This quick pasta recipe is a great way to utilise pantry basics. You can also add in extra vegies that you need to get rid of – pumpkin gives it a sweet edge.
- 400 g linguine
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp jarred crushed garlic
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 5 min. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 min. Add the butter, and once melted stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min more.
- Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring constantly and slightly thickened. Add the cream and sherry and stir until combined. Add the spinach and pasta and stir until spinach wilts. Season to taste. Garnish with dried or fresh parmesan cheese.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|