These beautiful Greek-style quesadillas are a warming, cheesy treat! Great for vegetarians, they're stuffed with silverbeet, feta, dill and spring onions.
- 2 bunches silverbeet or English spinach, leaves trimmed from stalks and washed
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g Greek-style feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 8 soft tortillas
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook spinach leaves in batches for 2 min each or until soft and wilted. Drain well. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Roughly chop and place into a bowl.
- Add spring/green onions, feta, dill and some salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Lay tortillas out on a clean work surface. Place ⅛ of mixture onto one half of each tortilla and fold tortillas over to enclose.
- Heat a large, wide non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Working with two quesadillas at a time, cook on each side for 3-4 min or until golden brown and filling is piping hot. Transfer to a plate. Cut into wedges to serve. Serve with tzatziki dip and lemon wedges.
This is a great meal to prepare if your family members eat at different times. Quesadillas can be cooked on a flat sandwich press for 3-4 min or until filling is piping hot.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.7 g|
|- Sugars||8.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|