This sweet and spicy fried rice is full of prawns, pineapple and sweet chilli sauce. If you hold off on the chilli sauce until serving, kids will love it, too!
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 440 g canned pineapple slices, drained
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced or 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp jarred crushed garlic
- 1 ¼ cups frozen peas and sweetcorn
- 2 x 250 g packets microwave long-grain rice, heated as directed
- 250 g frozen cooked and peeled prawns, thawed
- 1 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add eggs, swirling to coat base of pan. Cook for 1 min or until just set. Transfer to a board and roughly chop. Set aside.
- Return wok or frying pan to heat and spray with oil again. Add pineapple slices and cook for 2 min on each side or until slightly golden. Remove from pan, leaving 4 whole slices and chop remaining pineapple. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over high heat. Add the spring/green onions or onion, garlic, and peas and corn and stir-fry for 2 min. Add the rice, prawns, sauces, eggs and chopped pineapple and stir-fry for 2-3 min or until piping hot. Divide between bowls and top with pineapple rings. Garnish with sliced spring/green onions.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover vegies in the fridge. Coarsely grate or finely chop the vegies before adding to the wok.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||65.4 g|
|- Sugars||26.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.7 g|