Recipe by: Sharon Malcolm
Using arrowroot biscuits, this crumbling-based lemon meringue pie recipe will become a family favourite. Using fresh lemon juice & rind, it's sweet & zesty!
- 275 g arrowroot milk biscuits, finely crushed
- 250 g butter, melted
- 2 x 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp citric acid
- 6 eggs, separated
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line the base of a 23cm springform pan with baking paper. Combine biscuits and butter in a bowl. Press mix into base and ⅔ up the side of prepared pan. Chill while making the filling.
- Place condensed milk, lemon rind, lemon juice, citric acid and egg yolks into a mixing bowl. Using electric beaters, beat for 2 min or until combined. Pour mixture into the chilled biscuit base.
- Place egg whites into a clean bowl. Using clean beaters, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating until thick and glossy. Spread meringue over lemon filling. Use the back of a spoon to create peaks. Bake for 10-15 min or until golden. Let cool before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.9 g|
|- Sugars||59.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.1 g|