Serve up a plate of these spicy Mexican meatballs next cocktail party and just wait for your praises to be sung! Served with a delish jalapeno & lime yoghurt…
- lime wedges, to serve
- parsley leaves, to garnish
Jalapeno lime yoghurt
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup jalapeno peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and peper, to taste
- 750 g beef mince
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40 g packet taco seasoning mix
- To make jalapeno lime yoghurt, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make meatballs, place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Roll 2 tbsp of mixture into balls (Makes about 24).
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add meatballs in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes, until browned. Transfer to an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until cooked.
- Serve meatballs with yoghurt and lime wedges. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.9 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|