3-ingredient whipped cinnamon butter makes this pancake recipe extra special. Served with fresh blueberries & maple syrup, they're perfect for weekend brekkie.
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- fresh blueberries, to serve
- maple syrup, to serve
Whipped cinnamon butter
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- To make cinnamon butter, beat butter, icing sugar and cinnamon in a bowl of an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Set aside.
- Place buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in a medium jug. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in milk mixture until smooth.
- Heat a greased, large, nonstick frying pan with melted butter over a medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter into pan. Repeat to make two hotcakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden underneath. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat to make 12 hotcakes in total.
- Serve warm hotcakes with cinnamon butter and blueberries. Drizzle over maple syrup.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|