Making enough for 8, this crepe recipe is a clever idea for a beautiful dinner party dessert, or special family supper. They make a zesty but sweet treat.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- vanilla bean ice-cream, to serve
- thinly sliced lemon, to decorate
- Combine milk and egg in a medium jug. Whisk until smooth.
- Place flour in a large bowl. Whisk in milk mixture until smooth.
- Heat a greased, 20cm round, non-stick frying pan with melted butter over a medium heat. Pour ¼ cup batter into pan. Swirl to cover base.
- Cook for about 1 minute, or until golden underneath. Turn over. Cook for a further 1 minute, or until golden underneath. Repeat to make eight crepes in total.
- To serve, drizzle juice over crepes. Sprinkle over sugar. Roll up. Serve with ice-cream. Decorate with lemon slices.
Crepes can be made up to three days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Try serving crepes with strawberries, blueberries or banana and a caramel sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.6 g|