When you're after a low-effort family dinner in the warmer months, this main-course smoked salmon Nicoise salad is ideal, with potatoes, eggs beans and capers.
- 500 g chat potatoes, halved
- 300 g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 2 tbsp drained capers
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 2 eggs
- 2 x 150 g packets hot smoked salmon, flaked
- fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- 2 tbsp Dijonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp horseradish cream
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a small jug.
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Add beans in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Combine potatoes and beans in a large bowl with capers and dill.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Boil gently for 5 minutes for semi-soft boiled eggs. Drain. Transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool slightly. Peel off shells. Cut into quarters.
- To serve, transfer potato mixture to a serving bowl. Arrange salmon and eggs on top. Spoon over dressing. Garnish with dill sprigs.
Try replacing hot smoked salmon with smoked trout or mild or hot pancetta.
Potatoes, beans and eggs can be prepared up to several hours ahead. Keep, covered, separately, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||20.0 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.4 g|