These yummy garlic bread melts with pineapple, ham and baby spinach are great after-school treats for kids because they're easy, healthy and full of energy.
- 480 g loaf stone baked frozen sourdough garlic bread
- ¾ cup tomato pasta sauce
- 50 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 200 g shaved leg ham
- 440 g canned pineapple slices, well-drained and halved
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- Trim ends of sourdough. Cut into nine thick slices. Arrange on two large oven trays.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove.
- Spread slices evenly with sauce, about 1 tbsp on each.
- Divide spinach, ham and pineapple over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to same very hot oven. Cook for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bases are crisp. Serve.
You can buy stone baked garlic sourdough in the refrigerator section of major supermarkets, or replace with other thick sliced bread, if you prefer. Try swapping ham with salami.
Melts can be made several hours ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|