Don't worry, they're delicious! These easy zucchini muffins are not only delicious, they're a clever way to get your kids eating their greens… sort of.
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup milk chocolate melts
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup light olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with large paper cases.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and chocolate melts. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together milk, oil, eggs and zucchini in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Divide evenly among prepared pan holes.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
You will need 1 medium zucchini (175g) for this recipe. Muffins can be made up to three days ahead. Store in an airtight container, or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze for up to two months.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||26.7 g|
|- Sugars||14.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|