With carrot, tomatoes & mild salsa, these vegetarian nachos are a quick, exciting arvo snack you can easily whip up for hungry kids after a long day at school.
- 170 g packet corn chips
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- ½ x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green spring onion, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 375 g jar mild salsa
- 3 tsp reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream, to serve
- chopped avocado, to serve
- Spread corn chips evenly over a large, shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place carrot, tomatoes, onion, salsa and spice mix in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Spoon over corn chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden and cheese is melted. Remove.
- Serve warm nachos topped with sour cream and avocado. Garnish with extra onions.
For a change, add grated zucchini and chopped capsicum instead of carrot. If you want a spicy kick, add dried chilli flakes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||22.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|