Recipe by: New Idea
Speedy salmon makes this Mexican-style fish taco recipe a fast weeknight meal. The tacos are wrapped up with coriander, tomato, and lime-infused creamed corn.
- 4 x 150 g boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 30 g sachet Mexican seasoning
- 300 g red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 tortillas, heated
- lime wedges, to serve
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ½ tsp finely grated fresh lime rind
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100 g feta cheese, finely crumbled
- To make creamed corn, boil, steam or microwave corn until tender. Drain. Combine with cream, rind and juice. Season. Sprinkle with feta.
- Cut salmon lengthways into 2cm-wide strips. Gently combine with seasoning.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add salmon in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Combine cabbage with lettuce and coriander in a bowl.
- Serve salmon with cabbage mixture, creamed corn, tomatoes, tortillas and lime wedges.
Gently turn salmon while cooking to prevent it from breaking. Be careful pan is not too hot when cooking salmon or the seasoning will burn.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||73.2 g|
|- Sugars||20.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.5 g|