With oyster and soy sauce, button mushrooms, green beans and capsicum, this lamb dish is an easy and fast family weeknight dinner that's ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 ½ cups long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 300 g green beans, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce
- 227 g tinned sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Blend soy sauce, wine and cornflour in a bowl. Add lamb. Toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain lamb, discarding marinade.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick wok over a very high heat. Add lamb in four batches. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Remove. Wipe wok clean.
- Heat oil in same wok over a high heat. Add mushrooms, beans and capsicum. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Return lamb to wok with oyster sauce and chestnuts. Stir-fry until lamb is hot.
- Serve stir-fry over rice.
Cook lamb in batches and be careful not to over-cook. Lamb can be replaced with beef sirloin steaks or chicken tenderloins. Cooking time may vary.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|