These cheese and beef steak toasted sandwiches are bursting with flavour thanks to a garlic butter marinade with anchovies, served with potato chip wedges.
- 800 g potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 x 150 g beef rump steaks
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 8 slices tasty cheese
- 120 g mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 50 g butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Toss potatoes with oil. Season. Spread over two oven trays.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 25 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, season beef with salt and pepper.
- To make garlic butter, place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir until blended.
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Pour over half the butter. Remove pan from heat. Rest beef in pan for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- To serve, spread remaining garlic butter over toast. Top with cheese and beef. Drizzle with beef resting juices. Serve with potatoes, lettuce and cucumber.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||26.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|