For a filling main-course salad, try this easy Asian-style sweet & sour chicken. It's packed with broccoli and tomatoes, and served with a delish dressing.
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100 g packet fried noodles
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Rest, covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil, steam or microwave broccolini until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Combine with spinach, carrots, tomatoes and onions.
- Serve vegetables topped with chicken and noodles. Drizzle over dressing.
For a spicy kick, replace half the tomato sauce in the dressing with your favourite chilli sauce. Chicken can also be cooked in advance and served cold.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|