Recipe by: New Idea
Green beans, rump steak, button mushrooms – with only a handful of ingredients, this flavour-packed dinner is a real time-saving winner on weeknights.
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- ⅓ cup teriyaki marinade
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 600 g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved crossways
- steamed rice, to serve (optional)
- Combine sauces and 2 tbsp water in a jug.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes, or until browned, but not cooked through. Remove.
- Reheat same oiled wok. Add mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Add beans. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until just tender.
- Return beef to wok with sauce mixture. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until sauce boils.
- Serve stir-fry with steamed rice.
For a perfect stir-fry, heat wok over a high heat until hot and add meat in batches, so it fries and browns, rather than stews.
To save time, you can use beef or chicken stir-fry strips as an alternative to rump steak.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.8 g|
|- Sugars||17.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|