Recipe by: Fast Ed
Leftovers? Last night’s roast becomes tonight’s delish meal. This Irish colcannon mixed with the Aussie rissole is a brilliant way to eat well and save money.
- 2 cups shredded cold boneless, skinless pork shoulder roast
- 2 cups mashed cold skinned boiled potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, made from stale bread
- vegetable oil, to fry
- fresh coleslaw, to serve
- mustard, to serve
- Combine pork, potatoes, garlic and cumin in a large bowl and mix with your hands until well combined. Add eggs and milk, season generously, then fold in cabbage. Form into eight 8cm-dia. patties, then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Cook patties for 4 minutes each side or until crisp, then drain on paper towel. Serve with coleslaw and mustard pickles.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||96.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.4 g|