Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media
If you're new to cooking and think making a quiche is daunting, have a go at this zucchini feta slice. An oldie but a goodie that's perfect for a light meal.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- dash black pepper
- 500 g zucchini coarsely grated
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 4 streaky bacon rashers diced
- 150 g feta cheese crumbled (or cheddar, grated)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Optional: 10 fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Use a little butter or oil to grease base and sides of a 30cm x 20cm shallow baking dish or sponge roll tin.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add flour, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Place grated zucchini in a clean cloth, twist the top and squeeze over the sink to remove excess liquid (this stops slice from being heavy and wet). Add zucchini to flour-and-egg mixture, along with spring onion, bacon, cheese, oil and optional mint leaves. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake in oven for 40 minutes or until golden, when mixture bounces back when lightly pressed. Stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.2 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|