Recipe by: Fast Ed
This beautifully presented lamb will wow your dinner gathering – and definitely score you a 10 out of 10. With lamb, lentils and greens, it's the perfect main.
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to season
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped
- 4 x 170 g lamb backstraps
- 1 bunch green shallots
- micro herbs such as micro basil, to garnish
- lemon cheeks, to serve
- Wash lentils and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, bay leaves and rosemary for 5 minutes or until softened. Add lentils and stock, then season with salt. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Fold in parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat a ribbed griddle pan over a high heat. Rub lamb with 1 tbsp of the remaining oil. Grill, turning regularly, for 10 minutes. Trim shallots. Toss in a bowl with remaining oil and season. Grill until lightly blackened.
- Slice lamb. Put shallots on a bed of lentils, top with lamb, garnish with basil and serve with lemon on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.7 g|
|- Sugars||2.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||14.5 g|