Recipe by: Fast Ed
This gluten-free take on the French classic tastes amazing and can be enjoyed by those with certain allergies. With seasonal fruit, it's fresh & fabulous.
- 2 ½ cups almond meal
- 4 tbsp gluten-free plain flour, plus extra, to dust
- 1 pinch salt
- 125 g caster sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter, frozen, grated
- 2 egg yolks
- 400 ml soya milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- 40 g cornflour
- fresh strawberries, sliced, to garnish
- kiwifruit, sliced, to garnish
- peaches, sliced, to garnish
- fresh raspberries, sliced, to garnish
- ½ cup apricot jam
- Put almond meal, flour, salt and 25g of the sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until the texture of wet sand. Add yolks, pulse to combine. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a board. Roll pastry to 3mm thick, cut into 4 discs and use to line four 8cm straight-edged tartlet tins. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake pastry for 25 minutes or until deep golden.
- Combine soy milk, vanilla and remaining sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk eggs and cornflour in a bowl. Stir in hot milk mixture then return to pan and boil until thick. Set aside until cool. Whisk until smooth and spoon into shells. Top with fruit and set aside.
- Put jam in a small saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil. Pass through a fine sieve. Brush onto flans and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.9 g|
|- Sugars||55.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.1 g|