Recipe by: © Copyright, Annabel Langbein Media.
Cooking chicken in its cooking liquid gives a wonderfully moist, tender result great for salads or noodle dishes. It's also a healthier way to enjoy chicken!
Poached chicken breast
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices fresh ginger (cut with a potato peeler)
- 2 green spring onions
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cold water, or more as needed to cover
- 3 - 4 whole star anise
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 shredded kaffir lime leaf (or finely grated zest of 1 lime)
- ground pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks celery, sliced on an angle
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 green spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- torn leaves from 2 large sprigs fresh coriander, or mint
- Place everything for the poached chicken breasts in a pot that ideally fits the chicken in a snug, single layer, ensuring there is enough water to fully submerge the chicken. Cover and bring just to the boil. As soon as the liquid comes to the boil take pot off the heat and leave to cool without removing the lid (about 11/2 hours). Take chicken out of broth, cover and chill if not using at once. Strain stock and reserve for later use.
- In a sealed jar shake together all dressing ingredients.
If you like mix through 250g crispy noodles or soft cooked noodles just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.2 g|
|- Sugars||4.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.9 g|